Shop Winter Tools Online
Woodstock Hardware works hard to ensure they have the supplies and products you need to prepare your home and family for each of the four seasons we experience here in the Hudson Valley. In doing so we stock all of the supplies and products you need to face our Catskill Mountain weather.
Here are just a few of the Winter supplies and products Woodstock Hardware stocks on our online store to make sure your home and family survive the winter weather.
- Snow shovels and ice choppers
- Roof rakes and roof deicer
- Roof and gutter heat tape
- Ice melter and traction sand including all natural and pet friendly ice melter
- RV antifreeze
- Pipe insulation and heat tape
- Weather stripping and spray foam insulation
- Window plastic and insulation kits
- Windshield scrapers and deicer
- Lock deicer
- Fire starters, all natural fire logs, and fire wood
- Fire place screens, tools, gloves, and ash buckets
- Programmable thermostats
Click here to learn more about the full selection of ice melting products Woodstock Hardware has to offer.
Here are three great tips to consider as you prepare your home for the upcoming Winter. Don't forget:
- Clean those gutters. Once the leaves fall remove them and other debris from your home's gutters and give them a good rinse. Old leaves and twigs combined with Winter rain and melting snow can clog your gutters. Clogged drains can form ice dams, in which water backs up, freezes and causes water to seep into the house.
- Block those leaks. One of the best ways to winterize your home is to simply block obvious cracks, gaps, and air leaks around your house, both inside and out. The average American home has leaks that amount to a nine-square-foot hole in the wall, according to EarthWorks Group.
Buy door sweeps to close spaces under exterior doors, and caulk or apply tacky rope caulk to those drafty spots. Outlet gaskets can easily be installed in electrical outlets that share a home's outer walls, where cold air often enters. Outside, seal leaks with weather-resistant caulk. For brick areas, use masonry sealer, which will better stand up to freezing and thawing. Even if it's a small crack, it's worth sealing up doing so even helps discourage insects from entering your home.
- Check the furnace. Before the cold weather arrives turn your furnace on to make sure it's working. It is also a good idea to call and schedule a yearly cleaning. Also throughout the winter you should change your furnace filters regularly. Dirty filters impedes air flow, reduces efficiency, and could even cause a fire in an extreme case. Toss out the dirty fiberglass filters; reusable electrostatic or electronic filters can be washed.
Want to be prepared for that next big winter storm? Visit Woodstock Hardware's Storm Center to find out how not to be left out in the cold and dark.
And don't forget to join Woodstock Hardware's free Ice Melt Club. As a member of the club you save money and receive free delivery of your ice melt all winter long. So leave the heavy lifting to us and joint today.
So as you begin to feel that "nip in the air" stop in Woodstock Hardware and let us help you prepare you and your home for the upcoming Winter Season.
Shop Winter Tools Online