Shop Grills & Barbecue Online
Click photo to enlarge
Pull up a lawn chair, sit back, and taste a perfectly barbecued meal while you enjoy the summer from your own backyard. Nothing is better than cooking outdoors, especially when you're making a great meal for family and friends. You don't even have to stop when summer's over because you can grill all year.
Woodstock Hardware has a complete supply of grills and barbecue necessities. We stock a variety of Weber charcoal grills and we special order gas grills on a weekly basis. If possible, we suggest that you review our corporate website to find the grill that best suits your needs. We also carry a complete selection of grill and grilling accessories.
As a service to our customers who purchase a Weber gas grill, we will assemble and deliver it, with a full tank of propane, to your home. We will even take a few minutes and walk you through operation to make sure you are completely satisfied with it. This way after we leave, all you need to do is throw on the steaks and enjoy your new grill.
After you have your grill and all the tools, you are ready to cook like a pro. Here are some tips to better outdoor grilling:
- Store charcoal in a dry place. Charcoal absorbs moisture readily and won't burn well if it is damp.
- Open top and bottom vents before starting a charcoal grill and while cooking. Close the vents when cooking is finished to extinguish the coals.
- For proper airflow in a charcoal grill, remove accumulated ashes from the bottom before starting fire. Since charcoal requires oxygen to burn, anything blocking the vents will reduce the heat generated by the coals.
- Always use tongs or a spatula when handling meat. Piercing meat with a fork allows delicious juices to escape and makes the meat less moist.
- If you partially cook food in the microwave or on the range, immediately finish cooking the food on the grill. Do not refrigerate or let stand at room temperature before cooking on the grill.
- Make sure the grilling surface is clean and preheated. Scrub the grid with a dry brass-bristled grill brush after every grilling session and again once the grill is preheated.
- Lubricate the grid or the food (or both) with vegetable oil. Do this right before you begin cooking or the oil will burn off before you start. It's also a good idea to drain most of the marinade from food before placing it on the grill.
- Don't try to turn or move food too soon. It takes about 10 minutes over high heat for the surface of a steak or piece of fish to cook enough so it will hold together and release easily.
- Watch foods carefully during grilling. Total cooking time will vary with the type of food, position on the grill, weather, temperature of the coals, and the degree of doneness that you desire.
- Set a timer to remind you when it's time to check the food on the grill.
- Never brush on barbecue sauce until the food is almost cooked through. It contains sugar, which burns easily.
- Always serve cooked food from the grill on a clean plate, not one that held raw foods.
- In hot weather, food should never sit out for longer than one hour. Remember to keep hot foods hot and cold foods cold.
- Wash all utensils, cutting boards, and containers with hot, soapy water after they have been in contact with uncooked meat.
- Extend the life of your charcoal grill by thoroughly cleaning it once a year. Discard accumulated ashes and remove the grid and charcoal grates. Spray the porcelain surface with oven cleaner and let stand until the accumulated grease becomes easy to remove.
With the supplies we carry and these expert tips, we are sure you will enjoy your backyard cooking all summer long.
Here are just some of the products you will find on our online store:
Utensils and skewers
Grill toppers and baskets
Fish broiler baskets
Lava rocks/ceramic briquettes
Cleaners and brushes
Natural lump charcoal
Woks Propane fittings
Replacement propane tanks
Grill assembly service
Shop Grills & Barbecue Online